Lose the Microwave Mentality
Lose the Microwave Mentality
As a society we are so caught up in getting quick results with everything. Lose 24 lbs. in 2 weeks! Get rich quick! We live with a microwave mentality and we want everything yesterday.
If I hear of one more person talking about or tagging people on Facebook about the Boiled Egg Diet, I think I may just lose it! Have you actually looked at what you get to eat on this diet? No wonder people lose weight because it’s barely enough to feed a bird.
Stop the madness! Here’s what I think about this particular diet:
- High protein, low carbohydrate diets help to reduce appetite.
- High protein diets increase the rate of calorie burning.
- Eggs are a good source of protein and vitamins.
- Studies show that eating eggs for breakfast increases weight loss.
- Not a healthy or balanced approach to eating.
- Eliminates entire food groups and many vegetables.
- Lack of carbohydrates will make it difficult to engage in strenuous physical activity.
- Many people experience fatigue and nausea during the first few days of the diet as the body adapts to a reduced intake of carbohydrates.
- Eating a lot of eggs can cause constipation, flatulence, and bad breath.
- Dietary boredom may reduce ability to stick with the program.
- Not sustainable as a lifestyle plan for healthy weight management.
- Likely that any weight loss will be regained upon a return to normal eating.
- Eggs are high in cholesterol but there is debate to their effect on blood cholesterol.
When I read the details about this diet, it even says that you should not do it for more than a couple weeks due to the risk of increasing your cholesterol levels. And here’s the thing that really gets me…. It says “If you combine the boiled egg diet with some very light exercise and at the same time refrain yourself from sugary and unhealthy food, the results are guaranteed.” Really?? Duh!! You can skip the boiled eggs because exercise and staying away from sugary and unhealthy foods is going to guarantee your results too!
Stop looking for a quick fix, people! You want to be following a healthy, balanced meal plan that is sustainable for life…. not just 2 weeks! Over and over again we see people get great results from one of these fad diets or a weight loss system where your food is provided, but then as soon as they go back to eating regular food they gain the weight back (and usually a little extra). Why do you think the diet and fitness industry is a multi-billion-dollar business?
Listen, I’m not trying to bash anyone here. But, if you’re really committed to losing weight and keeping it off and want to do it in a healthy, sustainable way, then we need to talk. I’m not saying that I have all of the answers, but I can certainly guide you in the right direction. You didn’t become the weight you are now overnight and you’re certainly not going to lose it and keep it off that way either. Together we can create a plan for you that will work for the long haul. Reach out!