6 Ways To Get Back on Track After a Holiday Weekend
If you’re like most Americans, you probably over-indulged during the holiday weekend. Since Memorial Day weekend is considered to be the “unofficial” start to summer, there are lots of cookouts, pool parties and maybe even some graduation open houses sprinkled in. That means you probably ate too much of the wrong foods and maybe even drank a little more than you should have.
Did you wake up this morning feeling bloated and tired? I did. But that’s no excuse to let it continue. The weekend is over and it’s time to get back on track.
Here are my 6 tips to help you get back on track after a holiday weekend….
- Refocus – Revisit your goals and why you’re trying to lose weight and get healthy. Recommit to them right now.
- Don’t beat yourself up – The worst thing you can do for your self-esteem and confidence is to beat yourself up over a bad weekend. It’s over and done with so forget about it and move on.
- Work out – Make sure that you work out today! I was excited to get up and do my workout first thing this morning. You want to get back to your regular routine as soon as possible.
- Plan and prep your meals for the week – Write down your meal plan for the week and if possible go ahead and get some of them prepped to save you time later. Having a plan is one of the best ways to get back on track and stay there.
- Drink lots of water – Be sure to drink extra water today. More than likely you ate food containing extra sodium over the weekend and you’re probably retaining fluids. One of the best ways to flush this out of your system is to drink extra water over the next few days.
- Catch up on your sleep – You’re more than likely a little sleep deprived and this can cause you to make some not so good decisions when it comes to working out and eating healthy. Try to get some extra winks over the next few days to get your body back on track.
Remember, you were on track just a few days ago and you can get right back on with a little focus and determination. Just because you had a couple over-indulgent days doesn’t mean that you have to give up. You CAN do this!!