How to Become the Boss of Your Morning
Are you one of those crazy morning people who jumps right out of bed full of energy and ready to go? No? That’s ok, very few people are. While I’ve always thought of myself as a morning person, upon further review, I’ve come to realize that I’m more of a BOSS OF MY MORNING, and there’s definitely a difference.
You don’t actually have to be a morning person in order to be the boss of your morning. I can’t say that I wake up refreshed and full of energy every day, but I do wake up early and ready to start my day. How do I do that?? The answer is simple….I have a morning routine.
While routines may be boring to some people, they’re also very helpful. This is what my typical morning looks like:
- My alarm goes off every day at 5am (except for weekends).
- Go to the bathroom and then swish a little mouthwash.
- Head downstairs and grab a bottle of water and add my Energize (pre-workout) to it.
- Check in with the online support/accountability groups I’m running, do my social media posts, and check in with groups that I’m part of as a participant.
- Head to the basement for my workout.
- Shower and get myself ready for the day.
- Read my Bible or listen to the Bible app on my phone.
- Start working on my to-do list for the day.
Items 1-6 all happen before 8am. Studies show that the first 2-3 hours after you wake up are the most important hours for your brain. While your body may not be physically at it’s best, your brain is. That’s why it’s so important to make the best of those first few hours of the day.
I have always felt that I get the most accomplished in the mornings and I need to take advantage of those productive hours before my family is up and about and causing me to be distracted.
What do your morning routine look like? If you don’t have one, you should definitely consider creating one and learning to stick to it….even if you have to start out with baby steps. I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.