Green Apple Carpaccio
You don’t have to limit your enjoyment of apples, an excellent source of dietary fiber, to snacks and desserts. In this recipe sweet-tart green apples take center stage in a delicious side dish (or starter).
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 100% apple juice
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large tart green apple (such as Granny Smith or Pippin)
- 1 oz arugula leaves (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- Swap apple slices for orange slices (peeled) in our fruit carpaccio for a juicy twist on taste.
In a medium bowl, whisk together shallot, vinegar, juice, oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
Cut apple crosswise (through core) into thin slices, discarding seeds. Arrange apple slices on a platter and drizzle with about half of dressing.
Add arugula to bowl with remaining dressing and toss. Arrange arugula on top of apples, top with goat cheese and serve.
Nutrients per serving
(1/4 apple, 1/2 cup arugula, 1 tbsp dressing, 1/2 tbsp crumbled cheese): Calories: 60, Total Fat: 3.5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 5 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 1 g, Sodium: 135 mg, Cholesterol: 5 mg
If you prefer, you can core the apple before cutting it crosswise into thin slices to avoid the seed casings.