Clean-Eating Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes because it’s packed with protein and fiber, low in fat and carbohydrates, tastes really yummy and is filling too. Plus there’s hardly any effort required during the week when you’re so busy and can’t be bothered with any meal prep that takes longer than 5 minutes.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup grated zucchini (or more if you have some left over – throw it all in there!)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup ketchup (low sugar, no HFCS)
- 2 Tablespoons sweetener of choice (brown sugar, sugar, Stevia, honey, maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients, either by hand or with a stand mixer, until well combined.
Spoon equal amounts in to a 12-cup muffin tin.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Take out and spoon ketchup mixture on top, and place back in oven for remaining 5 minutes.
Serve immediately, or once cooled, place in airtight container and store in the refrigerator. To reheat, place two or three on microwave safe plate in microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes or until heated completely through.
I usually make a batch at the beginning of the week and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, grabbing a couple at lunchtime or quick dinner throughout the week.